Tuesday 8 November 2011

Delight in Loving... 2

I have recently just read Let me be a woman by Elisabeth Elliot.  I found this a really positive book in delighting to love my husband. 

The book is a mother writing to her daughter ,who is engaged, and is about to be married.  She writes to her about what it is like to be married and how to be a Godly wife.  It is a short book and is easy to read and grasp.  Although I have been married for 9 years, the writer uncovers truths about biblical man and womanhood which I found really inspiring.

Today so many things can be clouded and its hard to see the truth but this is a very clear book, based on biblical truths regarding being a godly woman in marriage.  I particularly liked the chapter - You marry a man (obviously I know my husband is a man) but the writer goes on to say how you married a man and therefore can not expect him to be a woman and notice things that women do.  It really made me think about how different men and women are but how Gods glorious design is made perfect in those differences.

Its inspired me to be less critical and more loving about the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment