Well my little one is almost 1 now. I feel kind of sad that he's moving from the baby-baby stage to the toddler stage. (I think they're still classed as babies until 2 years old ). I'm just sad to say goodbye to this stage as I have loved it! I keep thinking back to this time last year I was...
So I thought I would share some of my 'lessons learned' during babyhood. I'm going to start with pregnancy...
- I have had different pregnancies (shape, size and sickness levels) and they have all been boys - do not listen to old wives tales!
- My first was early and each baby after that was later - do not listen to old wives tales!
- Curries, pineapple, raspberry leaf tea, long walks and sex do not bring on labour - baby will come when its time!
- God is the giver of life - so don't think you can control the sex and when baby will be born/conceived
- I put on weight
- I get grumpy - alot - I should have given myself a break, its hard work making a baby and I should have chilled out more. I should have prioritised what was really important and not cared about the housework etc!
- Take Photo's of your growing bump - its an amazing journey to look back on.
- Prepare yourself for labour and having a new born. By this I mean rest up and research. Go to the antenatal classes.
- Do not plan major DIY projects during or just after this time - hormones and DIY are not a good combination