Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

Well 2011 has not been an easy year.  When I was reflecting back, I was thinking about how glad I was to see the back of 2011 and that 2012 couldn't arrive soon enough.

I do like to review the year gone by, think about what we have done and learnt, what we can do differently next year.  I sat in bed looking through my prayer journal and writing notes on the year.  I started to feel sad about how the lows of 2011, how they could have been opportunities to grow in faith if I had not been so stubborn in trusting God, instead of believing I knew how to handle things.  I wrote them all out and gave thanks to God for the lows.  Although I did not enjoy these experiences, I know through the challenging times, I am not alone that God does love and care for me, that He has a plan for me and will finish the work He has started.  I said sorry for my sins and then I could see the joys of this past year.  I also sat and gave praise for them.

Reflecting back helped me to see the repeating sins and the lessons God is teaching me.  Jon and I went through all of this and prayed over the past year and what we would like for 2012.  We then committed to making our new resolutions, plans and hopes with God, for this New Year.  I am looking forward to 2012 not just because of how I remembered 2011 but because of our hope in Jesus, sins forgiven and how Gods mercy towards us is refreshed each day.  Thank-you Lord for this new beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment