Saturday 15 September 2012

10 Years ago...

Well its certainly been a busy 10 years....
 
Jon and I have been together for 17 years.  We moved down to Bournemouth from our home town when I went to university to study fashion.  We both got jobs in our fields and stayed in the area.  We saved really hard after we graduated for our wedding - Saturday 14th September 2002!
 
It was a beautiful hot sunny day and i enjoyed it so much.  We were married 1pm at Highcliffe Castle and then headed back to Bournemouth Eastcliff for the reception.  I had my sister as my bridesmaid and we had lots of our family to celebrate.










After our wedding we went to Hong Kong, Bali, Singapore and then Thailand on honeymoon.  When we came back, its been busy ever since...
 
In the last 10 years we have bought and moved places (4 times), renovated our home, had 4 children, become Christians and instead of been a career woman in the fashion world I'm now a stay at home mother (which is just so much better) and Jon is working hard to support us (not working in fashion but in data telecoms and networking).
 
On our anniversary, we went back to Highcliffe and walked along the grounds and beaches, took a tour of the castle and went to an art exhibit.  It was textiles and mixed media - My favourite - i loved seeing these pieces and makes me feel so inspired to create, i think it reminds me of my former life and who knows maybe in the future I could do something creative again.  We sat and had lunch there - they have a great selection of homemade cakes, well worth a visit (although parking is a bit extortionate) I had the Dorset apple, warm with clotted cream (delicious).  We then came back and collected the children and family life resumed.
 
There has been lots of ups and downs in the last 10 years and its certainly been a super speedy ride - i wonder what the next chapter will hold....

No comments:

Post a Comment