Saturday 9 April 2011

Family Planning

After L's dedication I have been thinking back to when he was first born.  My precious little new born so small and even though he's my 4th born child, so amazed by him. L was a much wanted child and addition to our family, we so cherish him, as we do all our children.  At the dedication a lady came up to me and asked where I was from.  She was surprised to find that both Jon and I are from the UK.  I'm not sure what country this lady was from, but she had always observed UK families as only having 1 or 2 children maximum.  She was amazed and thankful in our faith, that God would provide for our large family, in our culture. 

I don't really see us as having a big family but I guess by our cultures standards we do.  I always wanted to have 3 children.  I hated growing up as a 2 child family and always felt there was something missing.  After our third child we passed our baby bits on and decided that would be our family.  I remember Jon saying to me, no more and when I held my newborn, I would be so tearful, although in agreement.  It was a really busy time having 3 children aged 3 and under.  We also decided to buy a bigger house and it needed renovating.  I don't remember a lot about having J as a baby, as we were so busy.  Different tradesman in and out, the time passed quickly.  When J was about a year our hearts had softened towards having another child.  We felt we had missed out on our baby and that God was calling us to have more children...

As for future children... well we have cleared out the baby bits again.  This time I did not cry at the thought of having no more children.  I am so thankful to be a mother and I don't think that we will have anymore but I know God can change our hearts and is the giver of life, so we shall have to wait and see over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment